We will work WITH you to make your technology work FOR you
Manitoba E-Association is a not-for-profit organization which was formed in May 2004. The goal and objective of this organization is to facilitate the adoption and utilization of innovative e-solutions by collaborating with organizations and/or communities to build e-capacity.
Keep informed on our programs and funding opportunities by liking our Facebook page, and by following us on Twitter. You can also follow us on Pinterest!
- Manitoba E-Association is currently accepting applications from past CAP sites (must have received sustainability funding in 2011-12 to be eligible) and ICT related not for profit organizations in Manitoba, to host youth interns through the Manitoba Youth Internships (YI) program. The YI Program was formerly the CAP-YI program and will function a bit differently this year. There will be 2 to 3 intakes for interns with the earliest being September 24th 2012. Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received by our YI staff. Please thoroughly review the YI Application form document below as eligibility guidelines have changed from previous years.
YI Application 2012-13
- We are currently looking to hire a Regional Coordinator to work under the YI (Youth Internships) program in the Brandon and Parklands regions of Manitoba. It is a part time flexible position that will start in September 2012 and run until end of March 2013. Click here for more info.
- Manitoba E-Association will be delivering the YI (Youth Internships) Program during the Fall-Winter of 2012-13. The YI Program is the replacement for Industry Canada's CAP-YI program. The start date for youth internships has been set as September 24th 2012. Please stay tuned for more information on how IHO (Intern Host Organizations) can apply to host an intern. For more information on the YI program, please click here.
- On April 5th 2012, Industry Canada announced that they will not be renewing the Community Access Program, therefore there will not be any funding available for any CAP sites in Canada for 2012-13. Please see their announcement here. Please visit these links if you wish to express your concern: saveCAP.ca and forms.pcna.ca/email.htm
- Manitoba E-Association would like to notify all persons employed with our organization who would have received a T4 Statement of Income for 2011 that a privacy breach of their information has occurred on January 26th 2012.
We have had an organization called Ibex Payroll as our payroll provider for many years and have been happy with their service. They informed us yesterday that there was an unfortunate error made and that all 2011 T4 information that was supposed to be sent to an internal e-mail address was instead faxed to an outside company – Global News in Winnipeg.
Ibex personnel feel awful about this incident, and have apologized to us. They have told us that the privacy and security of customer information is their highest priority, and they take their responsibility for safeguarding that information very seriously. Steps have been taken to ensure this type of error cannot happen again.
Regarding Global News, they were notified of the fax sent in error and indicated to Ibex that they would keep the information under lock and key, and the documents that resulted from the fax transmission have since been picked up by Ibex personnel. Global News requested to interview our Executive Director, Clarice Leader, and employee Anthony Niiganii today about this and it will likely be on the news tonight.
If you have any concerns related to this issue, please contact us and we can provide more details. You can also feel free to contact an Ibex team member at 204.478.3707 ext. 204
- Manitoba E-Association 2010-11 Annual Report (PDF file)
- Manitoba E-Association 2009-10 Annual Report (PDF file)
Featured Website of the Month
The month's featured site is Green Manitoba. Featuring sections on energy, water, waste, programs and green tips.